To be honest though, I kinda did see this one coming. The faults was just piling up at the end. I bought this car from my grandmother for 10 000NOK/£1000 just over four years ago, so can't really complain. It was never going to pass the MOT (EU godkjenning).
List of faults:
- Every time I turned, it sounded like I was opening a door from the 1900 century. All squeaky.
- The horn didn't work properly before I used some gaffa tape and some cardboard to fix it
- The passenger door had gotten a nice bump in it after a hit and run at IKEA...
- The rust was appearing all over
- The cover at the bottom of my back window was gaffa taped (then fell off last April when I went into the car wash)
- The front hood was wonky, but a bus pushed me into another car two years ago. So every time I needed to pop my hood, I had to take the window down, keep my right hand on the handle and my left on the hood to open it.
- At last but not least, I had to "hill start" it, because the ignition had decided to cave in... Meaning I'd had to put it into gear, pick up some speed by pushing it and then releasing my clutch, haha! I had to hill start it yesterday evening, twice.
My philosophy is, if it can't be fixed with gaffa you haven't used enough!
Nevertheless, it was a nice car and I loved it. With an average fuel consumtion of 0,45 litres per 10 KM you can't complain really. And it's a great car to drive. So light, shoots off like a lightning and feels like you're driving a mini car on a track. Also so easy to park in the city.
The fun!
Oh the fun I've had in this car! It's been everywhere. It's travelled thousands and thousands of miles in Norway. Last trip was 2000KM on my Norway trip, which I promise I will show some pictures from VERY soon (sorry, forgot).
During our "end of college party month" / russetida, this car did it all. Most of my friends loved it as much as me (probably). We've been five people driving to Bergen in it, we've slept in it and partied. This car has done it all. The bumper sticker you see, I got on Crete (Greece).
Some of you might be wondering the story behind the black footprints. Well, here it is. You see, when my cool mama got her first car at the end of the 80s (Volkswagen Beetle), she brush painted that pink and added mint green footprints. So as her cool son, I wanted to follow in her footsteps (haha!). That's it.
Will I ever have a Corolla again? Well I hope so!
I kept the instruction manual, the spare keys and some other stuff to remember it by <3
RIP Toyota Corolla 92 :(
Today's song is from a Norwegian rap duo, Karpe Diem, singing about Toyota Corolla. Love it!
Today's song: Karpe Diem - Toyota'n til Magdi

No comments:
Post a Comment