Wednesday, 13 February 2013

A LOT HAS HAPPENED

Wow, it's been a while now. Well do I have a story for you, because a lot has happened since last time we spoke.

On Friday the 18th of January there was Swansea's first snowday and some friends and I decided to go sledding down a hill. More like a tiny slope, not even steap... Anyway, after 20 minutes of sledding I manage to do the most stupid thing known to man. I, the Norwegian who referred to himself as the king of snow a few hours earlier on Facebook, managed to brake my leg.


Yup that's right. As I was going down, I landed wrong. I got my right leg caught underneath my left leg, landed wrong and felt (and heard) three cracks in my leg... MMM! I know right. Basically what I did was manage to break the bone (not the big one, the other), dislocate my foot and expand my anklejoint. Basically  what the last bit is that my foot popped out of its joint and shifted 5 cm to the right. Now that was fun!



On the Sudnay after, the 20th, I had an operation where they basically put everything back together and put one srew on either side of my ankle. After 12-15 weeks they can come out again and I won't have any long term damage. I'll have no long term damage if everything heals alright, so I can still run like I always do. So I am considering myself to be lucky, it could have gone a lot worse. The man with no shoes considers himself lucky when sits next to a man with no legs.

All this is nevertheless come at a very unlucky time of my life. Being in my third and final year of uni, being in bed all day isn't exactly the most optimal thing. But I'll get there in the end, only 16 days to go before I can start walking again! Yes, I'm counting, of course I am.

Being confined to crutches and a wheelchair has really taught me something; never take your legs for granted. I can't believe how difficult it must be for someone who's in a wheelchair on a permanent basis to get out and about. Just something as simple like going to the shops or to uni has proven to be a hard workout. Curbs. My biggest enemy, curbs, and getting up them.

Anyhoodle, I'll get back out there and I'll hit the ground running! I WILL finish uni on time. I'm doing my best to prepare as much as possible when it comes to work, so I can get right at it.

Today's song: P!nk - Raise your glass

No comments:

Post a Comment