Sunday, 23 October 2011

SIGN LANGUAGE

I just came across some amazing music videos. He "sings" them in sign language, ASL. How cool is that?



I can say my name with sign language, but that's it. I used to know more, cause we had to learn it 6th and 7th grade. We mostly focused on the one-hand alphabet, in Norwegian, not necessarily words. We even had a test in one-hand sign language. This wasn't compulsory in my time, but our teacher said it was important. Till this day, I really appreciated that she taught us that. One of my little sisters, Christina, she's in 3rd grade now. Her class has had sign language classes from 1st grade cause one of her classmates is deaf. So she knows bits and pieces. I think that's really good.
I think sign language should be compulsory in school, at least to have a basic understanding.

I want to learn sign language, so I'm considering signing up for Discoverys sign language project. It would be amazing to be able to "speak" that.

Today's song: Jessie J - Price tag Sign language style

No comments:

Post a Comment