Thursday, 29 March 2012

COME FLY WITH ME



I love the BBC series Come fly with me! So funny! For those of you that don't know, it's the same people that gave us Little Britain.


Going to be nice seeing family and friends again. Haven't seen them since Christmas! Staying in Norway until the 18th of April, before heading back. Going to be weird, going from the warm weather here to close to zero in Norway. At the moment it's pretty warm in Norway, but the forecast said like -3 in the night and 0 in the day.

I hate packing, I really do. I always sit here 30 min before leaving the house thinking Have I got it all? But after moving here I've become pretty good at bending the laws of physics... The amount of stuff I manage to put in my suitcase and cabin luggage amazes me every time. Like to Italy I managed to fit al my clothes + a large camera bag + a monopod + a large tripod. How that got below 20KG is beyond me.

Travel tips&tricks
- Pack only what you need: Yes I know, this is quite hard, but practice makes champion. Think Where would I use this? or If I had to choose between that extra pair of shoes or that jacket, what do I need the most?
- CHEAT! : Yes that's right, cheat. What I mean by that is put all the heavy stuff in you cabin luggage. The trick is to make it not look too stuffed, but heavy. Just make sure you walk past the staff like a light breeze. If you make it LOOK light, they're not going to weigh it. Also jackets is a great way of hiding extra cabin luggage.

My record: 17 KG = one backpack, one laptop bag and one camera bag.
- Put the backpack on your back (Daaaahh....), the laptop bag on your RIGHT side if entering at the front and on your LEFT if entering at the back. Why? Because then you minimize the chance of staff noticing it.
- The camera bag, use your jacket, preferably a coat, and hold it over your LEFT/RIGHT arm (dependent on what entrance you use). That way it's concealed.
- Have your ticket in the hand opposite your "laptop-side". Why? Because then their attention will be on that side and further more decreasing the chance of noticing the laptop.
20.48 KG, that's not bad I might say so myself. So hopefully my suitcase won't gain weight in the next couple of hours... which they tend to do
- Travel heavy dressed : Wear the boots and put the flip flops in the suitcase. Hold the jacket over your arm instead. This will give you more weight in your suitcase.
- Wear double layer : If you're at the airport and they say you're 2KG over, take out the extra jacket, jumper etc. and put it on. Just claim you got a sudden chill.

My other record: When I went on a language trip to Oxford for 3 weeks when I was 16, I had a suitcase that weighed 32KG... What can I say? I did a lot of shopping, but also brought way too much with me in the first place. Did I pay anything? No, because we were flying with British Airways.

Anyhoodle, I'm heading to the train station now. Haven't slept at all because I was working tonight and didn't really see the point in sleeping for 4 hours. So just going to sleep on the train.


I found my Norwegian SIM card! (No mama, I always knew where it was...) Well I did have to look a bit. Because I've ordered a new SIM card like three times or something because I've misplaced it when going from country to country. My logical mind always tells me to put it somewhere safe so I don't loose it, but then when a holiday is coming up and I can't remember where that safe place is.... then I'm a bit f***ed.

Next time I blog I it will be from my cosy apartment at my mum and dad's house. Norway <3

Well today's song is no surprise, it's Breakaway. One of my favourite songs. As many of you know I got Breakaway tattooed on my right leg. I listen to this song when I'm sad or when I'm happy. I always listen to it when I go home and leave home. Also I always listen to it whenever I visit my great great grandmothers grave. Call the song simple if you like, but to me it means a lot.

Today's song: Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

No comments:

Post a Comment