Monday, 25 June 2012

PUSH IT HARD FOR THE SUMMER

Howdy partner! Long time no see.

It feels great being back in Norway again for the summer, weird, but great. It's almost like you live two separate lives, like it's two co-existing worlds. When I go back I go into my old routine, full time work and hangout with friends. It's like flipping a switch.

One thing I noticed when I talked to an American mate of mine over the weekend is that it almost felt alien speaking English. I could already feel the Welsh/British "twang" slipping away... O__o That's something I'm not going to let happen! After heavy thinking I came to a conclusion; download "Gavin and Stacey". A BBC comedy show.

Anyhoodle, what's my plan for the summer? Well on Wednesday I start working for Oslo Pride making all the of their films, which is going to be great. Besides that, I'll be working full time in the grocery store, starting my dissertation and working out.


My workout plan for the next 12 weeks are now sorted. I'm using Skimble workout app to manage my workout program. It's available to both iPhone and Andorid devices. Both programs are created by me, with some inspiration from fitness guides online.

The first program is mainly dumbbells. You can download/view it here

- 20 min stationary biking
- dumbbell squats
- left leg dumbbell lunges
- right leg dumbbell lunges
- dumbbell chest press
- Dumbbell bent over rows
- Tricep kickback
- Tricep extensions
- right concentrated bicep curls
- left concentrated bicep curls
- dumbbell lateral shoulder raises
- overhead press
- 30 sec plank
- crunches
- left oblique crunches
- right oblique crunches
- leg lifts
- 30 sec plank
- stretching

Then the second program is a cardio interval program. You can download/view it here

The first program will be repeated three times a week and the second program one time a week. I don't increase the reps and the amount of sets stay the same for the six first weeks. from week 7 to 12, there will be an increase in the sets. Each week I need to adjust the weight so that I'm working so hard that I won't be able to do the 11th tricep kickback for example, thus gaining muscle strength. Depending on how the first week goes, I might tweak it a bit.

My goal is getting more toned muscles and a six-pack. I don't won't to become much bigger, or smaller for that matter, just gain muscle. Personally I wouldn't like looking like Arnold, too big for me. My goal is more Zac Efron kind, toned and six-pack, but not massive.


Why am I so determined on this? Well because when I look at my self I see too little muscle and too much fat. No, I don't want to loose weight. No, I'm going to stop eating, quite the opposite, I need to increase my food amount. No, I don't care much about the scale. It just bothers me that when I look at myself in the mirror I see fat. Not size wise, just lack-of-muscle-kinda-fat. ... If any of that made any sense.... And no I'm uncomfortable in my own body. And not THAT unhappy about either, just need to build some muscle. 

Call it whatever you want, vanity, pier pressure, low confidence blah blah blah... I don't care. All I know is that I need to do this for me and that right now this my number one priority. Do I think this will bring me happiness in life? Hell yes! And is that because of some conspiracy theory that Hollywood dictates how humans should look... well I don't know, probably influenced by that.

But mostly it's because I need to do this for myself.

Today's song: Jessie J - Who's laughing now

No comments:

Post a Comment