My dear HTC Desire passed away last night, not wanting to turn on... This happen really suddenly yesterday. And now I'm using a old school Nokia. I have no idea what model this is. It's got colour, but not a camera or internet. Don't think it has mp3 ringtones either.
It feels so weird not have a touch phone and not being able to check Facebook/Twitter or my Gmail or google something random I wonder about. I've become so dependent on my smartphone it's weird.
Some doomsday experts say that if Facebook and Twitter were to shut-down unexpectedly, it would mean the end of the world. Well not sure if I agree 100%, but think it would be panic, violence and killings.
I mean, I still remember my first phone when I was 12. A Nokia 3310. It could send messages, ring and above all, had games like snake! Think I had up to three different phone covers and the bling bling you'd attach to it the started to blink whenever someone rang. Those were times.
I mean, I used my smartphone for everything. Mp3 player, camera, Facebook/Twitter, contacting, gaming, watching films and more. I can manage perfectly fine without most of it, but especially music player and camera is important to me. Believe it or not, I can actually survive with just Facebook on my computer.
And go back 30 years, or even just 20, and the general public didn't even have a mobile phone. How did people survive? Well I guess if it never had been then that is how you'd live really. I remember when my grandparents said they would never get a mobile phone. Well that didn't happen, my granddad have now got an iPhone and use it for work, emails, calender etc. and my grandma have got a nice Sony Ericsson and loves talking pictures and she's on Facebook. This really goes for both sides of my family really.
Anyway, I've bought a new one now online! HTC Desire S :D So sometime next week, I can get my music back. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy long battery life and FM radio with the Nokia.
Today's song: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call me maybe

No comments:
Post a Comment