I will over several blogposts here and there, try to explain my believes and what I believe. Not just when it come to religion, but to other stuff to.
God? Odin? Allah? Zeus? Are they all the same or are they rivalling gods ruling over different realms and religions?
Christianity and Islam is two very big religions in the world at the moment. Each with its own holy religious texts and beliefs, God and the Holy Bible and Allah and the Quran. They are each represented in many places on earth and have a huge impact on people.
Sayings
In the Western world, that is often dominated of some sort of Christianity, people use sayings with religious words.
"God knows what's happened to..."
"To hell with it"
"Damn you"
"You just earned yourself a prime spot in hell"
"God have mercy"
Many of us use these sayings, if not everyday, then some time during the day. Have they just become a normal part of our life? Not dependent on religious beliefs, but on cultural beliefs? God bless America, a common phrase used by American politicians or God save the Queen in the UK. Even though you might not be religious, you most likely got faith in your life, be it in humans itself. I would argue most have some faith. Religion is all around us, whether we like it or not. Several countries today, but not as many as you'd think, have got a state religion. England, Wales, Scotland, Norway, Denmark and Iceland is the only major countries in Europe with a state religion. Ironically, even though the major religion in USA is Christianity (Protestant and Catholic) and Catholic in Ireland, both countries constitution forbids a state church.
My belief
What do I believe? Many of the people that know me, knows I'm the first person to disagree with happy glossy Christians, saying they are a bit over the top. Not because I disagree with their lifestyle. And it doesn't matter to me what believes people have. I strongly believe every person should have the right to believe in whatever they want. The thing I hate is when they try to shove it down my throat, Johavas witness "door salesmen" are amazing at this... That's what makes me angry.
But I do believe in something. I believe that heaven and hell exists. I do believe when I die I'll end up somewhere, not only pitch black darkness. Think how boring that would be!
I don't believe in one ultimate God, I think I believe there's several gods. For example Odin and Norse gods or Zeus and the Greek gods. One god for the different elements of life. Poseidon for water, Athena for love or Thor for lighting and thunder, protection and strength and Loki for mischief. I don't practice any religion in that sense. BUT I also believe in humans and the power of the individual.
Do you pray?
Do I pray? Hmmmm..... I have prayed like two times before to God, maybe, when I was a child and didn't know any better. But not in years really; I wouldn't say praying in the old fashioned Dear Lord, You that are in Heaven. Forgive.... Amen. More in the sense of talking or thinking really. I guess you could call it "praying" since I'm "talking" to a higher power. So yeah, I pray, but hardly in any way that resemble traditional prayer.
Rebirth?
A bit unsure what I think actually...
Are you getting married or burred in the Christian Church?
Over my dead body if I am! I have nothing against the church itself, but only the preaching the priest does... When he starts comparing the suffering of the person that have past with Jesus and spends 70% of the speech speaking of Jesus and not the person, that makes me angry. I don't mind hearing of Jesus, but the ceremony should be most about the one past away.
I want to get married outside I think. Either on a nice beach, on a cliff or somewhere else cool. My parents married outside the church and they had an beautiful ceremony. The "priest" told about how they met, they did their vows and my mum had imported a Scottish man to play the bagpipe. That's a proper wedding.
Big Bang or God/gods going "Abrakadabra" with their wands?
Well I truly believe that we originate from the Big Bang. This is because of the scientific evidence we have today. But then, what was before Big Bang? No one REALLY knows.
Next My little twisted mind I'm going to talk about what supernatural creatures I believe in!
Today's song: Joan Osborne - One Of Us

No comments:
Post a Comment