90% of my uni work is now done! I've handed in three visual diaries, my own film and a group film (which you'll see soon enough). I'm pretty happy with two of my diaries and OK-happy with the last one. For those of you that doesn't know what a visual diary is; it's a collection of all your work and research throughout the module. So that means all sketches, mind maps, meetings, notes, research, designs, products, assessments and much more. Basically all the relevant stuff I've done needs to go into my diary.
Anyhoodle, take a look at my new film!
A short documentary about the Bromoil process. The Bromoil Process is a process whereby the silver image contained in a black and white photograph is replaced by an ink image. The image is replaced by an ink and will in theory last forever. There's only a handfull on people in the UK, in the world, that do this art.
Local photographer Derek Ashman was kind enough to show us how he takes a normal black and white print and turn it into a Bromoil print.
Find out more about Bromoil on bromoil.org.uk
Producer, director and editor - Tom-Daniel Laugerud
Co-Producer - Angella Wang (王勰)
Photosphere by Charles Atlas is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
So I'm more or less pleased with the final results. Of course there are parts I'd love to be able to re-do, but hey, that's life.
Only thing I got left now is my dissertation proposal, which is due in on Monday. That'll be fine. This has been a crazy crazy year! Going to be great to be able to work again (££££) and work on some private/external projects. Got a couple of films to finish for some external clients, but besides that BEACH and FITNESS are two key words. BBQs and morning runs down at the beach... life doesn't get better. I'm going to work out so hard this summer. I don't care what it takes. I don't care how much pain I would have to withstand. That six pack will be on my body by September. Mark my words. I'm running in the Cardiff 10K in September, which will be great.
Check out this documentary, Gallaghers Gym which is really good. I like the shots, the story and the people. This is the kind of documentaries that inspire me and reassures me that all the work I'm putting in now, will pay off in the end.
Like Kelly Clarkson sings "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I'll get there. No matter what.
Today's song: Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
No comments:
Post a Comment