Thursday, 24 May 2012

PRINCE OF WALES GARDEN: DAY 2

YESTERDAY

What I've done today
Mainly focused on part A today, same tomorrow. Because that is the area that needs the most work really.

Managed to cut, saw, pull and rake up a nice big pile today. It's about my height!

One pile of today's junk...

I've managed to remove all the torn bushes from the front side of the tree. My legs are now full of small cuts, but it's worth it.

That massive bush is now gone.


Another pile of rubbish.

And I've taken great care in preserving the Blue Bells. My house mate told me to be careful, because cutting down Blue Bells is illegal in the UK, which I didn't know. 

So what did I find today?
A left children's shoe, a right ladies shoe, about 30 bottles/cans, bags, a large carpet and enough black tiles to redecorate two bathrooms (if the hadn't been broken). Plus some other stuff. It's really disgusting what people throw away!

I also went to see the Council today about my project. They agreed to come and pick up all the rubbish. And I also said that if did a good job, could I have a nice bin placed in the "garden"? And she said bring them in and we'll see what we can do. I assume much of the cans come from a VERY VERY small selection of football supporters. (The reason why I ASSUME it's supporters is because everytime there was a match on, we'd always find new cans, haha ). Our road is one of the routes people that come from town and the train use to get to the stadium.

Believe me, I will hold the Council to their words. If they try to take me on, they're going to get a hell of a fight! I'm like my mum in that way, WE LOVE to fight with the government for what's right. Who knows how many time my mother was in the newspaper for something, normally related to my sisters kindergarten and later school.

Tomorrow more work will follow, so stay tuned.

Today's song: The Script - The man who can't be moved

No comments:

Post a Comment