I've now gone as far in as planned.
Mainly what I've done today is cutting down trees and bushes.
The garden waste pile has now grown to way bigger than me.
I've cleared all the grass and stuff from underneath one of the trees.
I only had like 3-4 hours available today to work, but still got a fair share done. Early in the morning I phoned up the Council to let them know what kind of waste that needed collection. If they think they can forget me, they'll have to think twice, haha. That said, they've really been great so far. After 20 minutes (!), one of the Environment Department managers, Neil, and another employee, Paul, was at my door. I was quite shocked at that, didn't expect them to come that quick. They took a look around and I explained what I was doing and why and they really liked it. Neil took some pictures of the broken/stolen fence and said that they will come and set up a new one. And Paul is coming back next week some time to collect all the rubbish.
I'm really enjoying this, good workout and much fun! Even though my arms and legs are filled with small scratches from the bushes and branches, but details details.
My plan is to host a BBQ or something similar when it's all done. Hopefully I can manage to get the Evening Post (South Wales biggest newspaper) to cover it. Was a couple of people that stopped and waved today, so hopefully people will notice the progress.
Again, if anyone in Swansea is full of energy and wants to do some good, you're more than welcome to come down!
Today's song: Calvin Harris - Feel so close




No comments:
Post a Comment