Wednesday, 1 June 2011

FUCKING BLOODY PERFECT

Finally after so much trouble with the export and codec, Vimeo has finally accepted my file. My new film "Fucking perfect".





I decided to make a piece about eating disorders amongst men, to prove that it isn't just a "girl-thing" or a "TOP MODEL issue". The reason for this is because I suffered from the early stages of bulimia at the age of 10-11 cause of bulling. It never got to a serious state cause I managed to stop it. Read more HERE

I was thinking of making a documentary, but because I didn't know anyone in Swansea suffering from a eating disorders I looked into getting into a hospital or teatment center. I found out it would have taken months to get all the permissions, so I decided to make a fictional piece in a documentary style.For me it was important that the actor was apart of the character development. I wanted to do it all by "controlled" improvisation. I gave the actor films, articles and stories to study and told him to develop a person. I had designed moodboards, bullet-points, so I could guide him, but still let him keep his "independence".

In retrospect, it might not have worked out as I had hoped, but I learned a great deal from this film. I'll probably never be a 100% happy with my films, cause you'll always think what if I had done this or that instead. But you learn from it and advance, that is the most important thing, so that one day you can get close to 100%.

Could have been better:
- Lighting during interview (those shaddows are killing me)
- Some audio disturbance
- Could have tried with more cutaways

I'm very inspired by people and stuff around me and very much music. Music is a great to express one self. You can almost always make out my mood from the music I listen to. I try that the "Today's song" on my blog reflects my day and normally it does.

For this piece I was inspired by P!nk, Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera.

   
The Fucking Perfect gave me the title for my piece. That video and its lyric is so strong and a great song. So What is an about just don't give a fuck really, pardon the language. I've listened to that sooooo many times when I wanna be a rebel.
   
Christina Aguilera's song Beautiful is an great song! The lyric and video is song strong and says everything and much more of what I try to say in my film. And Breakway, cause well it's my favorite song and symbolizes freedom.

I was also inspired by this piece Joshua by Phoebe Sexton, a picture story about his fight against eating disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment