Saturday, 4 June 2011

LAVERBREAD

Had a total relax day today. Went down town around 11 ish to buy after sun and some nose spray. Didn't have the greatest of sleeps last night, blocked nose which means me waking up every 30 min drinking water.... Then I needed some energy, so did a 6,47 km/4,02 miles run.


Yesterday when went to the beach I met a guy, Nathan, who works as a gardener and he's also a vegetarian. He told me about a Welsh specialty, laverbread. Laverbread, or Bara Lawr in Welsh, is a local made dish, made by seaweed (yes you heard me right, seaweed) which is boiled for several hours and then minced. It has a salty taste and is rich on iron. I asked where can I buy this and he said down in the market. So that's what I did, head down to the market and bought meself some laverbread. You can serve it on toast, crackers or I also heard you can fry it with bacon and cockles (muslinger). I fairly enjoy, at bit weird in the beginning, but still good. So gonna try to fry it tomorrow. Don't have cockles though, but do have bacon.



"My philosophy in life is to never regret anything you do, it's what makes you who you are." Music is important to me, it's a way for me to show my feelings. Lyrics that touch you and makes you smile and help you live your life to the full. Feeling the rhythm going through your body, giving you a pace when you're out running or a beat to dance to.

Music is you, music is life and life is one long song. Live your life and never let anything stop you.

Today's song: 30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment