Monday, 22 August 2011

KIDS AWAY

Finished the budget for my charity project today, Kids Away (Discovery Swansea charity). From September I'm the project coordinator for this project. I've submitted my budget proposal to the board and have to wait for their approval.


The Kids Away project provides trips and activities to children and young people aged 10 – 16 who have been referred to us by external agencies such as social services. We organize a range of opportunities which aim to promote confidence, independence and self awareness. This is done by encouraging positive behaviour and participation in fun and challenging activities.

The Kids Away team organise and run the project including selecting the activity, contacting families and organising transport. Volunteers are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children on the day.

The plan (or my proposal) for next year:
- Bushcraft course (out by Gower)
- A visit to Plantasia (local mini-zoo for exotic animals/plants)
- Christmas workshop
- Climbing wall (at the gym, LC2)
- Cinema
- Bowling
- Fruity Loop Beach day (Swansea beach)
- Summer BBQ (Swansea beach)

Basically I'm asking for almost £1600, but that's for all the activities throughout the year. I just hope they like my plans enough, to grant us that. I love working with kids, gives me so much joy. Kids often look at the world in a great and different way, which gives me inspiration.

Other than that, I did my one hour training today. Cardio and abs training :D Love it! And check out my new header (on top). What you think? Just felt like getting a new one.

Check this out! The video for the top hit Stay Awake. I love the shots and editing in this, really good! And the song really good to.

Today's song: Example - Stay Awake

No comments:

Post a Comment