I've chosen to write this in both English and Norwegian, so I'm sure all my family know precisely what I mean and also so my many non-Norwegian friends can tune in.
Jeg har valgt å skrive dette på både engelsk og norsk, slik at jeg er sikker på at alle i familien forstår eksakt hva jeg mener og slik at mine ikke-norske venner kan henge med.
__________________________________________________________________________
Hi I’m bisexual
![]() |
| A picture I took at the Oslo Pride Parade 2011 - Flickr |
God that felt good to finally
say out loud to everyone. Many of my friends already know and have known for
over a year, so shouldn’t be that big a shock to you lot. First thanks to my
friends that’s been there for me throughout all this and also my parents in
recent time. And sorry if any in the close family got know it like this, but I couldn't keep it in any longer and to be frank I really don't wanna go through 15 "come-out-of-the-closet" talks with different family members.
But remember one thing, I'm ME, finally. My sexual orientation DOESN'T change my personality.
But remember one thing, I'm ME, finally. My sexual orientation DOESN'T change my personality.
- Grandma (mothers side) I'm still your little "snicklefritz" (the best translation I could find)
- Grandpa, I'm still that little boy who enjoy building the model train track in the basemnt
- Grandma (farther's side), I'm still your lovely grandson who fix your computer and teaches you new tricks
- Grandpa, I'm still that boy who is as excited as child on Christmas eve when it comes to joining you on the shooting range.
And to the rest of you, I'm still me, that'll not change :D
After several years of
thinking I’ve finally reached this conclusion:
It doesn’t matter WHAT I fall in love with, but with WHOM.
![]() |
| Source: beautifoolchaos.blogspot.com |
I got the idea in my head when
I was 14, but quickly suppressed it again. The thought merged sometimes here
and there, but I always denied it. The idea of being gay/bi made feel ashamed
of myself. After I turned single summer 2010 I started giving it some very
serious thought. I went far into myself, looking for me, trying to figure
things out. In that period I wasn’t precisely “Mr. Sunshine of happiness” so to
some of my uni classmates; I know some of you thought I was an angry, impolite
prick in the beginning. Sorry about that xD I just had a lot on my plate at the
time.
Anyway, I used the opportunity
of moving to a new place to find myself again. I could almost start over. Try
out new stuff. Experiment. Be me.
Also as most of you know, I
got two tattoos in January. The Aslan (lion) one is mostly cause I’m a Narnia
geek and I love lions and what they symbolize; strength, courage and fatefulness.
The Breakaway one means a great deal to me. It means to be free, to be myself
and go out into the world, but still hold on to the important stuff such as
family and friends. That was very much inspired by my recent exciting the
closet.
First time I really kissed a
guy (if you don’t count the one time in kindergarten where the girls forced us
into having a “boy-wedding” haha) was in February 2011. We dated for a very short
while, didn’t work out, but that one moment will always stay with me. The great rush
I felt with the first kiss. Didn’t really matter who it was, just the feeling
of it. The very first time… I donno how to describe it… you feel like a small
naughty kid tasting forbidden fruit for the very first time. It’s not the apple
itself, but the fact it’s forbidden. Did that make any sense to anyone else
than me??
![]() |
| Source: iknownnailer.blogspot.com |
I’m not that concerned with
labels really. Bi, gay, lesbian, transgender etc. I don’t need to mention it in every conversation that “I’m
bi”, but that doesn’t mean I’ll stay quite. There is way too much discrimination
in the world for all of us to be quite! Some countries still have death penalty
for homosexuals... Also here in our part of the world can you see
discrimination. In UK homosexuals aren’t allowed to donate blood even if they’re
in perfect health and they can’t marry! What the hell? It’s 2011! Here I’m
proud to come from Norway, a country where homosexuals are free to marry and
donate as much blood they want. Our National Chief of Police is married to a
guy and they have two kids together. The only thing that annoys me more than anything
is the government’s attitude towards surrogacy, no matter the sexual orientation.
It’s not allowed in Norway. But I’m gonna save that for another post, because
if I start there I won’t be able to
stop, haha!
As I said at the very beginning, I'm ME, finally. My sexual orientation DOESN'T change my personality. Look at it this was; I just simply got a wider range of partners to choose between :D
For the next few days I'm gonna be having a "LGBT awareness week" on my blog, so keep you knickers on and stay tuned!
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender / LGBT
- LGBT history
- Culture & life today
- ++
NOW it's music time!
To me music is the "language of the soul". I feel that often it might be easier to show what I feel through music. It comforts, makes me happy, makes me angry, but it helps.
Get ready! Here come tha music. I've made a playlist with a lot of the songs that pretty much sums up what's been going on in my head. (You need Spotify to view/play the list)
You could not have a "coming out" post without this song!





No comments:
Post a Comment