Tuesday, 24 May 2011

AVID + INSPIRATION #6

Tomorrow is my one and only exam. The subject is Avid Media Composer, the video editing software we use in uni. It's going to a bit weird having a theoretical exam in something that's practical. I feel fearly confident and think it's gonna go be fine. I've used Avid for almost a year now and haven't fallen in love yet I must say. It's different and for me slow. BUT on my last project I just used version 5 (one room's got Avid 3 and the other has got Avid 5). Version 5 is much better 3. Like Johan said a couple of weeks back: "Editing used to be fun... then came Avid" haha! We've agreed on that it's just an adjustment when you've used other editing software and that you'll get used to it after a while. After tomorrow I'm done with my 1st year in university, or I've got to wait for the feedback, but no more projects. So I'm just hoping for 2 weeks of sun before I go back to Norway for the summer.


INSPIRATION #6
This is as commercial for the WESSA/ WWF eco-schools programme in Africa. It was launched in South Africa in 2003 to teach future generations about conservation and how it improves all of our lives.


I think Western school should focus much more on this, which is an important topic. Kids don't learn enough about the environment and the nature. I think this film have some beatiful shots and great editing. It does a great job.

Today's song: Owl City - Vanilla Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment