Thursday, 24 February 2011

MY DREAM FILM

We set a record today, weekly shopping in Tesco £30 each and only two bags! PROUD 


Today we had a guest lecturer that works as a filmmaker, mainly shortfilms. He had made some very good and funny shortfilms on 16 mm film, I laughed so much. His feature film, which had spent five years of his life on, was not very good. Yes I know it's a low budget film, £15,000 which is nothing when it comes to feature films. Some of the jokes were funny, but if that was shown in the cinema I would have gone straight to the ticket office and demanded my money back... Like I told him, I found his film boring and it had few good parts, but that I might have liked the story better if he had made 20 min sitcom episodes instead of a full feature film. But his shortfilms gave some insperation.

This is a indiSLIDER mini. It gives you those lovely tracking shot that you can see in the film below. It's only $99/£61/550 kr so I'm so gonna buy that as soon as I've got the camera, hopefully :D
Source: indisystem.com
Found this film on Vimeo today. It's a documentary about two brothers that go on a trip in Alaska. Great shots and good voice over. It's stuff like this that inspires me to work with film. I love it when you combine beautiful landscape shots and timelapse shots <3 And you mix all this together as documentary... OOO! I love documentaries like this and I sometimes find documentary films or "art" films much more fun to make than fictional film



When I'm going around Europe, hopefully next summer so cross your fingers, I'm gonna film everything and make a film. I hope that withing the next six months I managed to buy a new DSLR that can film. Like these guys used, my dream is a Canon 5D Mark II, but it costs at least £2,300, but I'm thinking of buying a Canon 60D that only costs around £920 :D I can then use it for uni projects and for private projects, because I'd choose DSLR over videocameras any day. Hehe!

Today's song: Scouting For Girls - She's So Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment