I just popped by the Oxfam (Fretex) shop in Castle Street today to see if they had any film/photo books for my course. Sadly they didn't, BUT they definitely had something. In the bottom shelf in the childrens section the Beatrix Potter books screamed at me. I just: NO WAY! They had 17 of the 23 books about Peter the Rabbit. I asked the lady behind the counter how much they cost, 99 pence! BARGIN, so I bought them all :D
I loved these stories as a child :D Remember my great-grandmother read them to me and later I could read them myself. And I remember the TV series that was on when I was little, how fascinated I was, and the Miss Potter (2006) film with Renèe Zellweger.
I found 2 of the last 6 books I'm missing on eBay for 99p, so hoping I get them. The Tale of Peter Rabbit is a part of my childhood, along with noumourious other stories and series.
Q: Did/do you have any favorite series or books as a child?
Just heard yesterday from one of my mates that The White Stripes are splitting up :'( So in their honour, here is today's song.
Today's song: The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

No comments:
Post a Comment