Sunday, 6 February 2011

TRAVELING NEW YORK AND THE WORLD


One of the bloggers I follow, Kenneth Olsen, has left for New York. I'm so jealous! To wander through Central Park or stand on the top of Empire State building. Imagine the photos/videos I could take <3 Just need my new camera first, which I hopefully will get within 6 months. I'm not a huge USA fan, dislike their politics, but still, to walk on Upper East side or go to art galleries in Brooklyn would be amazing. But it's costs a lot to stay there. The plain tickets are about £300 (2780 kr) from London to New York, which isn't bad considering you're traveling half the globe, but still it's way to much for a student...

Places I want to visit in the near future:

- Portland            (going there next weekend with the climbing club)
- Oxford              (next month?)
- Brighton            (September?)
- Rome                (hoping to go here in some holiday)
- Paris                 (going to France on the summer)
- Barcelona         (hopefully withing a year or two?)
- Sydney             (when Santa starts giving money as presents...)
- New York        (same...)

Not everything have to cost a fortune. Travel on odd times to save money on plains/trains and stay in small hotels or maybe a nice hostel? A organisation I've been a part of for a couple of years, but never used is CouchSurfing. It's what the word implies, surfing on people's couches. Free and simple. That is how I plan on going around in Europe :D You often can't get the proper culture without being with native people.

Like a very smart man, my grandfather, said to me yesterday: "You're young, you can go exploring" and that's exactly what I'm hoping to do.

Q: Where do you want to go?

Today's songJay-Z | Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment