We attended Steffen's funeral today. A good service, the priest even told a joke. Felt really sad when I saw the coffin being lowered into the ground :(
Hvil i fred Steffen <3 Du vil bli savnet! /
Rest in peace Steffen <3 You will be missed!
We never get to keep those we love forever
no matter how unfair it might be.
Good or bad, that's life.
What we do get to keep forever,
is the time we had with them.
_________________________________________________________________________
I am Number four
Plot summary
I Am Number Four follows the story of John Smith, a 15-year old alien from the planet Lorien, and his guardian, Henri, as they run from the Mogadorians, another race of aliens that are hunting down John and the other eight teenage Loriens, who all make up the Garde, living on Earth. The Garde consists of all Loriens who have special Legacies and powers. The teenagers are protected by a charm, which only allows them to be killed in a set order. John is Number Four. Both the Loriens and Mogadorians have a human appearance.
The book opens with the death of Number Three. Number Four is introduced, going by the name of Daniel Jones, as he leaves Florida. Four has three circular scars wrapped around his right ankle, signifying the deaths of Numbers One, Two and Three. These scars are present on all the Lorien teenagers, and with each death, another scar appears. Henri, Four’s Cêpan (guardian), tells him they are going to Paradise, Ohio. Four chooses the name John Smith as his new alias.
Tired of running, John says that he wants to begin to make a life for himself. Henri reminds him why they run, and the conversation ends. John begins to attend the local high school, where he meets Sarah Hart, a blonde junior. He also meets her ex-boyfriend Mark James, who immediately begins to pick on John. John stands up to him, the first time he has ever stood up to anybody.
Source: Wikipedia.com
I love this book and can't wait until the next one comes out! Pittacus Lore, the author, describes everything is such detail that you can just sit and read on forever. Cause of the way it is written I could imagine every single bit of the story in my head, the characters came to life. This is
In the cinemaes now you can see the I am Number Four film, based on the book. This film is also as awesome as the book! Looking forward to 26/06/11 when the film has its DVD/Blu-Ray release (UK according to HMV). Gonna be in Norway then so hope the DVD has the same release date there, I'm gonna run to the store and watch it over and over again :D
It would be awesome to have Johns powers and abilities. Telekinesis, lights and super strength. I've wish for those kind of powers all my life, but I know I'm probably not going to get them in the near future. Fantasy is genre that I love, cause you can escape from the real world and merge yourself into a great book and/or film. I laid down on my bed to read before I went to sleep, but I didn't realize that I'd read for three hours and the time was 1 o'clock.
Thank Dian for writing a review about it and making me wanna read it :D
Remember this? Love <3
Today's song: Bob Sinclar - Love Genration

No comments:
Post a Comment