Wednesday, 23 March 2011

ENGLISH

Sleep for a student is like a roller coaster, up and down. Went to bed 02:30 last night (yes I know...) and woke up by myself at 10 o'clock. The funny thing is that I'd set my alarm to 10:30, but I always wake up 20-30 min earlier. Then I had breakfast and came up to start reading around 11:30... I fell asleep again and woke up at 12:30 LOL Now I'm so sleepy and tired, but I still want to go for a run... But I'm not gonna. I really hate essays, I worked on it for 3-4 hours and managed to squeeze out 150 words... It's just that the topic REALLY REALLY doesn't interest me on any level what so ever... I'm gonna work on it for a couple of days and just get it done

One of the many bloggers I follow, asked me a week or so ago about how it is to write in English instead of Norwegian, so I thought better answer that.

First of all the main reason for me to write in English is because I live in a English speaking country now, Wales. And I got friends here in Swansea and all over the world that I've met through the years, many from my language trip to Oxford in 2007. When I wrote in Norwegian it was basically only people in Norway and the Norwegians here that read my blog + a Swedish person here and there. Several of my friends asked me what I wrote about and I just thought "You know what? I'll switch so you can read it too". I came to the conclusion that Norwegians are so good at English anyway, so they'll understand me perfectly. I was a bit worried about my grandmother, if she would understand it all, she can speak English, but not that advanced. But she said to me on Skype, that she loved it and said it was good cause then she could practice.

The beach here, which is 5miles/8km of lovely lush sand! SOO looking forward to going swimming here in May/June :D
And of course, your language improves by writing every day. But like I said, I live in a English speaking country, so I use English every single day, face-to-face, Facebook/twitter etc. I swear, count and dream in English half the time xD It's a bit weird dreaming in English, but the same time a bit cool. After I switched the English my friends/people I know of in Spain, Italy, Indonesia, China, Hungary, Sweden, Australia, USA, and Finland have started to read it. And I saw on the statistic that people from Canada, China, Denmark, Holland, Israel and Ireland, don't who all those are. So that's cool, that my opinions and thoughts can reached beyond little Norway's borders.

Do I regret switching to English, nope. BUT like I said when I switched, I might sometimes have some Norwegian in between it all. I don't care so much about statistics, even though I'm happy as they are now. I write a blog cause I use it as a diary and cause I love being social and show the world what I'm doing/thinking of :D

Today's song: Mumford & Sons - The Cave

No comments:

Post a Comment