I suddenly decided that I'm gonna start showing you work that inspires me, at least once a week. It could be short films, both fiction and documentaries, photos or just anything. We collect inspiration wherever we go, on the street, in the class, our dreams, TV, people, everywhere. That's why I always got my blue little book in my manbag whenever I go out.
In last few years I've really started to enjoy documentaries, either short and simple or complex series over several episodes. That is why I wanted to make a documentary style film for my ongoing project. I find it easier to me and more fun making documentaries, then making scripted fiction sometimes. I don't mind helping out on a production as sound, camera etc. but am I gonna produce it myself, I think I would prefer docu.
The short documentary I've chosen today is about two brothers that work as chocolate makers (read full description under). I really like the story, funny and original people with an exciting job. The editing, with the music and edits and the details they'e decided to show makes it exciting to watch. I really like those documentaries or films for that matter, that plays with depth of field. That is almost like porn to me xD F. ex. the tracking shot of the coffee bags (3:01) and it moves back, really cool. Or how they use a technique I think is called circle editing, which means to start and finish with the same or similar shot. At the beginning (0:39) where they have an tracking shot moving in on the sailboat and at the end (07:52) the move out.
Description:
"The life of a mariner is one given over to wanderlust—the quest for adventure, crossing unseen horizons to secure precious goods—only to bring them back to their home port. This same love of adventure and curiosity defines the brotherhood of Rick and Michael Mast. They share a fiercely independent spirit, leaping into the unknown and trusting that they’ll find the answer through endurance and dedication to their craft."
Q: Where do you get inspiration from???
Love this song and SO funny video :D
Today's song: The All-American Rejects - Gives you hell

No comments:
Post a Comment