Saturday, 12 March 2011
CURE MALARIA?
Published:
21:44
Was down at the LC2 and helped out on Circus Eruption, they had a stand there where kids (and adults) could come and play :D Do something funny for money! It could be anything, colour your hair, walk around in red boxers for a day or be covered in red from top to toe. Everything is allowed :D
Even if you can only raise a few pound, it helps Comic Relief with their projects. In these times when the recession is full on, it's important to lend a hand. 70pence is enough to cover one meal for a mother and a child at a shelter for abused women and children. Me and Chris are, as we mentioned yesterday, trying to raise £100 EACH and in return we'll colour our hair red! All we need you to do is to go on to our team Red Heads site -->> my.rednoseday.com/redheds (yes I know it says redhed and not redheAd, typing error and once the address is set, you can't change it)
Malaria is an infectious disease and is caused by paracites. People get infected when the paracite enteres their blood. A paracite often travel by mosquito and therefore are the nets very important. Last year some of the money collected gave 10 million people misquito nets and provided training for health personel to spot malaria symptoms and drugs to treat them with.
I know feeling of giving and giving to African countries, but you still get the feeling it never helps. That's why I'm so skeptic on giving money, cause I'm afraid 60% is gonna be wasted on administration, 30% to companies and 10% to the people.... but I feel with Comic Relief that the money we help collect actually gets there and makes a difference. What I've seen and heard is several charities that build big fancy hospitals, then after 5-7 years it's closed cause the charity said goodbye and the country doesn't have the money. A simple thing as a mosquito net can transform people's life and help them survive.
Today's song: Coldplay - Fix You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment