Well, let's sum up how much of my essay I've managed to do today.... Ehhh, I've started reading the books, so that's something I guess. It's just that it's so boring I don't even know where to begin.
The task: "Generic exhaustion is a common phenomenon in the history of culture" - John G. Cawelti
Discuss with reference to EITHER the Western OR the Musical genres of film.
Generic exhaustion basically means that something went off fashion/became unpopular. I chose musicals and have books and all that, but no inspiration to write... I'm gonna talk to my tutor tomorrow and see if he's got a input on what angle I can attack it from. The thing is when I don't see a reason we should do something, I don't get to exited. I always asked my math teachers about why we had to learn algebra for example and was given the answer "Because I say so"... I got D/E or 3/2 in algebra simply cause that answer gave me the reason to not do it. But on the other hand I got a B or 5 in economy, cause I could actually see the practical use of that and a C+ or 4+ in the subject math itself. Don't get me wrong, I mostly like film theory and history, so motivation will probably/
maybe come before the deadline (28th March) xD I will keep on questioning people and stuff with the three lovely letters
W-H-Y. You shouldn't always accept something just because someone said "I say so", but you must also know when you have to accept that the time for your questions isn't now.
Anyway, today I've been getting up to date on new films and trailers and came across the trailer for
Beastly. I'm so going to the cinema to watch this! After I saw
I am number four last week, I've become a huge fan of
Alex Pettfyr, an amazing actor! (And yes, I have seen him in other productions too). And it has Mary-Kate Olson, what could go wrong?
Chris Medina, from American Idol, has an AMAZING voice! And really get touched by his story. His finance got a brain injury, but he still stays by her side. He and her mom takes turn caring for her.
Today's song: Chris Medina - What Are Words
No comments:
Post a Comment