Friday, 18 March 2011

NETWORKING IN CARDIFF

Been to Developing a Career in Media workshops in Millennium Centre in Cardiff. Did several workshops - film, photo, interactive media and TV

I really enjoyed it and learned much and got good information on how to get started within media. As I already knew, a bachlor degree alone in something is not going to get you a job. One of the experts said: "A diploma from university just shows the world that you're able to process information on an academic level and you have certain understanding of the technical part, that's it! It's all what you do outside uni that really counts"
Millennium Centre, Cardiff


















That is true and is what I try to live up to, by doing private projects and volunteer for stuff. The project I'm working on now is going to take some time, cause the essay unfortunately have to be my main focus. For the record, I really don't like film theory essays. The tasks for this essay are boring and I don't feel I learn anything from it cause the topics don't interest me on any level what so ever. My project has taken more time than I was hoping, started it i January and was hoping to be finished by first week of March, latest. But I just have do it when I got the time :D

Networking is key is this business, meet people and show your face to the world. That is one of the most important reasons to attend university, to meet people. You also get to practice and develop your skills and have access to equipment to use. Today I met a very lovely woman at the workshops, who works as a music composer and was looking to expand her creative business. She was really nice and maybe, just maybe, we can collaborate on a project. Looking forward to hearing her work, she was going to send me some links.

The fun thing on this workshop was when people asked questions and they did so in Welsh. We were given headsets on the way in so that if someone chose to use welsh, the rest could understand. But by the time I got the headset on she was finished xD

Today I'm just gonna totally relax :D


Took this just now from my window. Full moon :D

Today's song: Metro Station - Shake it

No comments:

Post a Comment