Tuesday, 12 April 2011

NORWEGIAN WOOD

Today I got up at 8 to help my mate Espen stack up some wood that he'd chopped down earlier this spring. 5 hours of stacking in poring rain, but it felt great. It's a really good feeling you get after a day of proper physical work. The funny thing is I got the urge to go hiking in the rain, but I didn't. Instead I did some woodwork when I got home. I took a log and gonna make a wooden spoon.



Gonna see if I can manage to finish it tomorrow, but it might have to wait. What you see above took me about  1,5 hours from log to the rough shape of a spoon. I don't have the right carving tools I need here to finish the spoon, my grampa has them. I can at least finish the handle and maybe sand it down. Woodwork is something I've always enjoyed doing, both in arts & crafts class and outside on my spare time, have made LOADS of stuff. Chairs, spoons, butterknife, matchbox holder for the fireplace, cup, a wand (yes I know, Harry Potter geek) and much more over the years.

I'm almost finished with the "I am number four" book and going to give my verdict within the week :D (Thx Dian for the tip on the book)

Today's song: All time low - Weightless

No comments:

Post a Comment